With a long weekend on our doorstep, Bakwena would like to inform holiday makers of one lane closure at Pumulani Toll Plaza on the N1 both north and southbound. The rest of the lanes will be open and in full operation.
We urge you to plan your journey in advance to ensure that your journey along our route is a pleasant experience, please keep the following in mind:-
- Plan your departure time, avoid the peak traffic.
- Be alert, well rested and remain focussed at all times.
- Obey all traffic signs along the route.
- Do not consume ANY alcohol before or during your trip.
- Ensure your vehicle is road worthy, pay special attention to your lights, brakes and tyres.
- Consider yourself, your passengers and other road users before making any rash decisions
- It is wise and compulsory to wear your seatbelt at all times.
- Peak traffic is experienced northbound towards Bela Bela on the N1 between 14:00 and 20:00 ahead of a month-end weekend or the day before a long weekend starts.
- Travelling southbound to Gauteng on the N1 at the end of a month-end weekend or the day on which the long weekend ends, peak traffic is experienced between 13:00 and 20:00.
Have an enjoyable long weekend, BUT above all, have a safe journey.