Bakwena is pleased to advise that the contractor, Empyreal Construction Pty Ltd has been appointed for the upgrading of the Helen Joseph Interchange.
The estimated project value is R4.4 million and the works will include:
- Widening of the embankments at the northern and southern terminals to allow for the provision of two through lanes northbound and southbound on Helen Joseph road itself.
- The provision of a dedicated right turn lane at the northern terminal.
- The provision of a dedicated left turn slip lane at the southern terminal.
- The provision of traffic signals at the northern and southern terminal.
- The above upgrade is expected to be complete within 4 months.