With the Easter holidays on our doorstep, Bakwena would like to urge holiday makers to plan your journey in advance.
Bakwena will ensure that during peak periods, all our lanes at the Pumulani and Carousel plaza will be open and in full operation. Additional route patrols will be deployed on the N1 on Thursday the 21st April 2011 and Monday the 25th April 2011.
To ensure your journey along our route is not an unhappy experience, please keep the following in mind:-
- Plan your departure time, avoid the peak traffic.
- Be alert, well rested and remain focussed at all times.
- Obey all traffic signs along the route.
- Do not consume ANY alcohol before or during your trip.
- Ensure your vehicle is road worthy, pay special attention to your lights, brakes and tyres.
- Consider yourself, your passengers and other road users before making any rash decisions
- It is wise and compulsory to wear your seatbelt at all times.
- Peak traffic is experienced northbound towards Bela Bela on the N1 between 14:00 and 20:00 ahead of a month-end weekend or long weekend.
- Travelling southbound to Gauteng on the N1 at the end of a long weekend or month-end weekend, peak traffic is experienced between 13:00 and 20:00.
Have an enjoyable Easter weekend, BUT above all, have a safe journey.